Sunday, October 12, 2008

Very Good Guesses?

I don't know what it is that allows them to do it, but Japanese teachers are always prepared. It doesn't matter what you're going to talk about or what random question you might ask, they will have printed off twenty copies of stuff related to it and hand it out.

I need to start writing down when this kind of stuff happens, as I don't have many good examples. But I have got one from Friday...

After class, I noticed one of my teachers in the teacher prep room and he's just kind of sipping his coffee and reading book. So I knock and whatnot, and I go in and ask him a completely inane, out-of-nowhere grammar question. He thinks about it for a second, flips through a couple of the files that he brought with him to class and pulls out a 20-page packet about what I wanted to know about.

I don't know if the Japanese teacher training program also acts as a psychic test bed or what, but they are good.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger thots about stuff said...

Strange. So what random grammar question did you ask?

11:08 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Komitadjie said...

It MIGHT have something to do with having probably heard that same question at least a hundred times. You'd not believe some of the stuff that Dr. J. has randomly sitting around, just in case you need to know.

12:42 AM GMT+9  
Blogger William said...

That could be the case, but it's not like they keep a lot of stuff with them, and I've asked things that, as far as I can tell, have nothing whatsoever to do with their lesson plan or anything even related to the language, but they somehow have always just read about it the day before, or have made enough copies for the whole class, or something.
And they don't carry around these massive piles of paper. Usually it's just a couple of folders, maybe a purse or a small bag.

12:48 AM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home