Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Part-Time Job Interview

I had a kind of interview today for a job teaching English. It went really, really well, as far as I can tell. By "really, really well" I mean to say that I think if she didn't have someone teaching the class right now, she would've had me start right then and just start teaching.

Unfortunately, the reason she wanted to find a replacement for the current teacher is because he's leaving in December. With me leaving in March, it's too short a time to be worth the trouble of getting all the paperwork done. She said she'd keep me in mind if she needed a class covered or something since my visa allows occasional, random work. We're just not allowed to enter into real, contractual jobs, I think.

As an aside, I originally had some strange ideas about how it might go since I thought she was interviewing me at her apartment, but it turns out that she just runs the school there. She was fairly pretty, and I understand she has a daughter my age, as well... (Included for the sake of my ever-lecherous father who "wants some grandchildren already, damn it."

She said since I didn't have any experience, she'd only be able to pay me about $25 an hour, plus transportation fees. I wouldn't mind an extra $100 a week in return for getting more practice with Japanese. It is not to be, unfortunately.

Alas.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Washii said...

I loled at tiny text.

1:32 PM GMT+9  
Blogger William said...

Too many H-games, I think.

7:08 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home