Thursday, June 26, 2008

Studying for Grammar

We have a test in my grammar class tomorrow, and here's what's on it:
o~suru (humble generic verbs)
o~naru (honorific generic verbs)
demo ii / demo kamaimasen (asking permission)
ageru/kureru/morau/yaru (giving and receiving verbs)
moraitai/hoshii (requests)
oshieru<>narau and the like (various verb pairs)

First, I know, Ick! Romaji!, but I'm tired and should be studying, and it's 3AM. And it's 3AM.

Now, almost all of this is covered in 2nd year Japanese, and some of it in first year, so it should be old hat, right? Right!
Except this is grammar class, so she comes up with the most bizarre ways to use them she can, or combines them all in one question. As an example, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she throws a question such as "oyasuminishitaindaga, sonoue narattehoshikute oshietekurenaika" which is fairly simple, actually, but... Honestly, if I could come up with what she was going to throw at as, it wouldn't be a problem, would it?

Anyway, that's all pretty simple stuff, so I'm not too worried about it, but I have a vocab test in the morning with, like, 50 new words on it that I haven't looked at yet. I was kind of busy studying for, you know, the one today that had 50 other new words.

Apparently, I'm grumpy at 3AM. Nearly 3:30AM.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger thots about stuff said...

Yeah, I recognize some of that grammar...but...YIKES!!! for that AND the vocab test AND the vocab test!!!!

Good luck and stuffs!!!

4:55 AM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home