Friday, February 20, 2009

Status Updated: Missed Flight, part three

See the previous two posts for detailed information on the extent of my foolishness as it relates to international air travel.

Alright, they were able to get the fare difference down to $800 ($2,000-$1,200) and I think they completely dropped the change fee - for reasons unknown to me - but we were able to get it paid for. By "we", I mean Dean, in case you're wondering. One stack of various cards later, I have in my pocket my boarding pass.

Now there's only one more thing to worry about on this end, which is security. The boarding time is listed as starting at 8:10PM for my flight at 8:50PM, but I fully intend to go there around 7:15PM or so and stare at them until the time comes. Then they will, no doubt pat me down. I've made sure that I don't have a bunch of stuff attached to my belt this time, and the only even vaguely dangerous things I have with me are two pens and a notebook.

Bets they confiscate the notebook?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger thots about stuff said...

Oh, I'm glad that the dollar amount was reduced even more!

They let me get away with pens and notebooks, but then they don't try to pat me down every time like they do you, either. I did make sure to pack my large flashlight in my check-in baggage even though I didn't like being without it. I took a smaller one in my pocket to have on the plane.

Good luck with all of this! Have a safe and comfortable flight!

6:31 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home