Monday, October 27, 2008

Judo Goodness Plus!

Today was really good.

I got a perfect score on my doom kanji test and managed to one-up Valentina in the process. She finished before me, but made some silly mistake and missed a single point. It's petty, I know, but she's just so good that it's hard not to be happy.

I had a long lunch break, so I was able to come home and prepare a lunch with fresh veggies and stuff,

We finished up Princess Mononoke in Special Japanese today, and I only made a complete fool of myself a couple of times. By halfway through the class, the teacher was finishing about half of her sentences with a pointed look at me and a "Do you all understand?" I managed to get a couple of really good answers in, though, and she stopped by the end of the class.

I got some tasty mochi at the store and ate them. They were tasty.

In judo, I got to try a bunch of new stuff and was really excited and energetic the entire time. My partners were all worn out and half-dead while I was like... er... I don't know how to say it in English. It was good, anyway.

The best part of the whole day is when one of my throws did that thing that happens when you do something right. It was on the smallest girl there, but if I could replicate this throw on someone larger, it would've worked just fine.

If you've ever been golfing, or even just to a driving range, you know there's a certain sound that has a very distinctive quality, and you only hear this sound when someone hits the ball perfectly.

This was kind of like that. My throw was smooth, effortless, and graceful. It just... was.

No work on my part whatsoever. Just "Hi - you seem to be on the ground." My partner felt it, too, and laid on the floor for a second saying "No way..."
I think I should mention now that this throw came from a one-handed grip that was exactly backwards from normal, and without any setup.

Just bam, and there was judo.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger thots about stuff said...

Yay for awesome days.

The judo sounds especially cool.

:)

9:31 AM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home