Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Eve Class

(The picture is one I took a few weeks ago. It was my second attempt at HDR and you can see it didn't work so well. It's not my camera, but I just can't seem to get HDR to work right for me...)

I think I've mentioned this before, but Christmas here is treated about the same as Valentine's Day in the US. In other words, it's a holiday for spending time with your 恋人 koibito ("lover"), and you can expect them to be rather upset if you have to work instead, or if you want to go out with friends instead of with her. I think this expectation is one-way, and girls can do whatever they want.

I found out yesterday that we have a make-up class scheduled for Christmas Eve. In case you needed more proof that Christmas is a cheese holiday in Japan, there you go. On the bright side, that teacher invited Yanavy and I to a dinner at his place on Sunday.

On the down side, there's a $10 secret Santa thing. I'm no good at finding presents and I have two secret Santa things to do!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home