Sunday, July 13, 2008

Slacking Weekend and new HDD setup

This is our last weekend before school's out for the summer, so my time for a large part of the rest of today is probably going to be working on presentations and papers. I've got a presentation tomorrow, a big one on Friday, a paper due on Wednesday (in English, strangely enough), and... Gion Festival is on Thursday, so I'm making plans for that.

In other news, I've got a new drive setup that's a little bit less jackassed than the last one. I can't find the receipt for my previous SATA-USB adapter, so I'm going to have to call that a $20 learning experience. Also, don't cover the breather ports on the hard drive. Apparently, you can suffocate them, and they implode. Or something. Especially when the ambient temperature hovers at 85 degrees with high humitidity. Oh, and the drive has no active cooling. Sort of a series of stupid mistakes on my part.

Anyway.
The new setup! I actually got this going Friday morning at 2AM, but... S'okay, I think I did alright on the test that morning. Talking to Dean and mom kept me up till 3AM, but I studied that morning for about twenty minutes anyway.

Here's what my desk looks like now.

Yeah, it actually stays almost that clean. I threw away a folded-up paper towel from this morning's breakfast, though. I think the desk lamp's light on the wal looks cool for some reason...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger thots about stuff said...

Good luck on your presentations and paper and busy week and stuffs!

I like the way the light plays across the wall from the lamp, too.

2:46 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home