Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ramen Shop and Train

Went and took some pictures tonight. Had my 18-55mm on first, then went to my 50mm 'cause it just doesn't get any use here.

Despite the title of this post, the train crossing is up first, 'cause that's what I was taking pictures of first. All of these were taken with my 18-55mm.

You can see in the warmer picture that I tried to get a picture of myself. Then I realized that my remote only has a working range of about ten feet in this kind of weather. If I had held completely still for long enough, I could've just exposed myself into the picture anyway, but I didn't think of that at the time. I was counting on the flash to go off while I was standing there, and the flash set to rear sync goes off at the end of the shutter. To trigger the shutter to close again, I had to move from where I was to closer to the camera.
Weird problem, but hey, lesson learned.

Here's a ramen shop near my apartment building. The ramen isn't that great, but their gyouza is pretty passable and they have a spicy sauce that I haven't seen or tasted anywhere else that's pretty good. Some kind of chili... goo.
I got some more today since the owner put up with me. He thought there was lightning, 'cause I was using my flash as a way of knowing when the camera was opening and closing it's shutter.
The one I'm posing in at right was taken with my 50mm, while the one at left was taken with my 18-55mm at... 35mm.

Honestly, these were taken mostly just because I wanted to take a picture of something else on this walk.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh you and your boots. I especially like the train picture with the ghost you. Trains and ghosts just seem very appropriate.

11:29 PM GMT+9  
Blogger William said...

They look nice, don't they? I was tempted to put on the ACU jacket I had tied around my waist, but that starts to scare the Japanese people.

12:44 AM GMT+9  
Blogger thots about stuff said...

It looks like you are apparating into or out of the train crossing area. So do you have a tripod now? I figured you are using one to take the pictures of you with the remote thing. Maybe you are just setting it on something? Pictures are fun!

9:01 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Washii said...

Those train-crossing pictures are awesome.

Then again, I like trains.

7:32 AM GMT+9  
Blogger William said...

Oh! I just remembered: that ramen shop is train-themed, too. He's got a bunch of little models littered about the shop.

8:09 AM GMT+9  
Blogger thots about stuff said...

Would it be weird there to ask him about taking pictures of some of the train models in the ramen shop? They would be fun to see, I think.

9:08 AM GMT+9  
Blogger William said...

If I remember next time I'm there, I'll get some pictures. Their ramen isn't really to my taste, though, so I don't go there often, despite it being very close by.

1:32 PM GMT+9  
Blogger thots about stuff said...

Hmmm. Can you explain the different kinds of ramen, and what makes the difference...such as in, "to your taste." I am curious.

Looking forward to train-ish pictures.

2:03 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home