Saturday, May 3, 2008

Shopping Trip

I finally had time this morning to do some shopping that I've been meaning to do. I was able to pick up a couple things for my Americans (I really wanted to say that), but I was also able to track down a (unfortunately) small bottle of hydrogen peroxide. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find something like that. The first two employees I asked didn't know what it was. The third showed me right where it was, but said it had a bunch of other stuff in it. So I asked a pharmacist and he basically pointed at the ingredients list and was like "Look. Peroxide. Water. That's all." It may sound derisive, but it was helpful.Also, I picked up some ninja Q-tips. I've got a pair of pictures of them; let's see if picture uploading likes me today.
[Edit:It looks like it isn't liking me today.]
[Later edit: But it does now! Hopefully, the fixed whatever it was.]

Now, while the black Q-Tips are kind of interesting, this next bit is cooler and involves less earwax.
What's that grey mat look like to you? About a square yard in size, you say? Roughly the same size as a DDR pad? Give you two guesses at what I picked up for $6 as Jusco today. The first three don't count.

Anyway, a yard or so of duct tape later, I had this. It should be a big improvement over the bare floor, which is, I think, concrete laminated with some kind of imitation hardwood. Not conducive to responsive buttons, whatever it is. Due to the lack of squish, you have to have more accurate footwork on a hard floor. I'm hoping the quarter-inch of padding is thick enough to make a difference.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger thots about stuff said...

Yay for DDR pad foam!!! I know you've been looking for some of that for a long time!!! Fabulous!!!

Looking forward to when pictures work again as I want to see your Ninja q-tips...LOL.

I've been hoping you had found H2O2 when you first arrived there. I know you were somewhat bummed to not have that along. It seemed like something that would be easy to find, but I imagine many things we find commonplace are not so much there and vice versa.

1:55 PM GMT+9  
Blogger Komitadjie said...

What, planning to build a rocket? Make sure you cook out the water first, unless you want to use a large amount of your energy boiling it off. in the combustion chamber.

5:39 PM GMT+9  
Blogger thots about stuff said...

If you build a rocket fueled with that stuff, I definitely want pictures of that.

6:01 PM GMT+9  
Blogger William said...

It's "2.5-3.5%" peroxide. I'm somewhat worried they can't measure it more accurately than that.

10:33 PM GMT+9  
Blogger thots about stuff said...

Is that like putting in a pinch or a dash of something when you're cooking? No one really knows exactly how much that is, but it generally works...LOL.

3:24 AM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home