Thursday, June 5, 2008

Harvesting All You Can Eat Strawberries

So I went to a strawberry farm during the trip, and I finally got around to putting my two chibi-pano shots together. I like the composite at right, personally, and think it works fairly well.
Anyway, when we went to the strawberry farm, they gave of us these little paper cups that we could put strawberries in. They were your standard paper cups capable of holding about 5 ounces of water, so they filled up pretty quick given the place.
As it so happens, I had a bandanna in my pants pocket. As it so happens, two knots transformed it into a bag.
As it so happens, I was standing in about an acre of densely-packed, ripe, delicious strawberries. Some were so moist and delicious that they exploded when I tried to pull them off the... vine? Anyway, I ate a bunch of strawberries, and brought out this bag.

As I we were driving away, I found out that that we weren't allowed to bring any strawberries out of the greenhouse. They enforced this to the extent that someone tried to walk out with three or four and they wouldn't let her go until she ate them.

The bag weighed three to four pounds, just so you know. Also, as far as I know, there were no signs indicating that you were not to harvest the delicious fruits contained in this greenhouse for purposes other than immediate consumption.

To make me feel better, me and some friends finished them off the next day.

Surprisingly enough, as far as I know, nobody in our whole group got sick.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger thots about stuff said...

Yum!!! That place sounds delicious. :)

I love all your preparedness gadgets like your bandannas and such that come in handy for the coolest stuff...like strawberries! :)

4:07 AM GMT+9  
Blogger William said...

I'll admit I wouldn'tve thought to call a bandanna a "gadget".

11:24 AM GMT+9  
Blogger thots about stuff said...

Well, it may be a bit stretchy for the definition, but the word fits in the manner that you make use of the bandannas.

3:47 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home