Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cream Bread

So I think I've mentioned that I like melon bread. Probably.
The first one I tried wasn't actually plain メロンパン, but was a custard-filled variety with the same basic shape. As you should know by now, I have a weakness for pastries, doubly so for those filled with tasty, custardy goodness. The last few posts (feet excluded) have been pretty bare of pictures, so here are some pictures of my クリームパン("cream bread"). The outer wrapper's big words transliterate to "Kobe Custard Melon", written in roman letters below it.
Big surprise, yes?
Now then. From the thumbnail, you can't really tell that the whole thing is covered with a coating of large-grain sugar, but it is. And it's delicious, as things covered with a thin coat of sugar often are. And last we have the filling. It's rather more concentrated in this クリームパンthan usual, and you should have no problems seeing it even in this thumbnail at right as a lump of gooey goodness.
Needless to say, they are delicious. Oh, and they cost ¥105, which comes out to just about a dollar.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger thots about stuff said...

This looks very tasty...I think I might see what they have similar to that at Uwajimaya Saturday when our Japanese class is there. I know we ate something kind of like that when we were over there about a month and a half ago. Mmmmmmm!

2:11 PM GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woh, looks good; you might have to bring me back some :)

2:39 PM GMT+9  
Blogger William said...

It goes stale pretty quick, but you can be certain that I'll try to pack as much of this with me as possible.

11:33 AM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home